“Personal Information” is any non¬public data that identifies or may identify an individual as set forth under the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule, or any successor laws or regulations.
Individuals Who Visit Our Websites
- Contact Information – Some areas of our Sites request or require contact and other information. During the registration process and in other instances, we may collect information such as your name, mailing address and email address.
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address – We may collect an IP address from visitors to our Sites. We may use IP address to help diagnose problems with our server(s), to administer our Websites, and to monitor activities on and interactions with our Websites, user preferences, and other computer and connection information relating to your use of our Sites. We may also use log files, cookies and similar technologies (described below) to collect information about the pages you view, links you click on, and other actions you may take when accessing our Sites.
We may combine other publicly available information, such as information related to the organization for which you work, with the Personal Information that you provide to us through our Sites. Syntactx uses the Personal Information we collect from you:
- To contact you about your registration or your use of the Site or our Services.
- To contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions.
- To contact you otherwise when necessary.
- For the specific purpose for which it was volunteered.
- To ask for your participation in brief surveys.
- To complete any purchases or other transactions you may perform.
- To notify you about updates, promotions, special offers, etc., regarding products and services provided by us or our affiliates or partners.
- To provide to our affiliates or third parties (e.g., data processors or other service providers) for legitimate business purposes.
- To generate aggregate statistical studies.
- As further described to you when we collect the information.
- As required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities.
- For an acquisition, merger, or sale.
- For our other business purposes.
Syntactx does not share, sell, rent, or trade your Personal Information collected through our Sites with third parties for their sole promotional purposes without your express consent. As set forth above, Syntactx may share your personal information with third party service providers contracted by us to provide services on our behalf; these providers may only use information we provide to them as instructed by us.
Our Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, it is not possible to guaranty the security or integrity of information you disclose online since a sufficiently powerful attack from an unauthorized third party could compromise your data.
As part of Syntactx’s platform, applications and services, our Customers may enter Personal Information, including Personal Information from or about their authorized users, employees, and clinical trial subjects (together, “Customer Data”), into our servers.
Syntactx processes Customer Data as instructed by our Customers, and has no direct control or ownership of the Personal Information it processes. Our Customers are responsible for complying with regulations or laws regarding notice, disclosure and/or obtaining consent prior to transferring the data to Syntactx for processing purposes.
Syntactx will not share or distribute Customer Data except as provided in the Agreements between Syntactx and our Customers. These Agreements may provide Syntactx with the rights to process or use Personal Information for Syntactx’s business purposes including providing or developing Syntactx SaaS Products, preventing or addressing service issues, support or technical problems, responding to our Customer’s instructions, or as may be required by law.
Please direct any questions regarding access, correction, amendment, or deletion of your Personal Information to the Customer (the data controller) for which you work or which collected your Personal Information using our platform or applications. If our Customer requests us to remove the Personal Information to comply with data protection regulations, Syntactx will respond to their request within 30 business days. We will refer any request for disclosure of Personal Information by a law enforcement authority to our Customer unless prohibited by law, and will make such disclosures where we conclude that we are legally obligated to do so.
Changes to this Policy
Last updated: July 21, 2017